The Greenland Parent Organization (GPO) is a parent-led, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide support, programs and financial assistance to enrich and benefit the GCS school community. Last year, our mighty team raised more than $23,000 by running some amazing (and fun) programs!! (this is not a complete list)
- Golf Tournament: This annual event funds a $2,000 scholarship for a deserving GCS student heading off to college.
- Scholastic Book Fair: An annual book fair that raises much needed monies for the underfunded Media Center, Title One Summer Backpack program, and summer reading assignments for all GCS students.
- Parent’s Night Out (Frolic): A catered fundraising event with silent auction, raffles, appetizers, and social time with friends old and new.
Some of the this year’s funding goals:
- Teacher Grants for much needed classroom materials.
- Reading Carnival: An annual reading incentive program that culminates with several hours of carnival fun (bouncy house, face painting, cotton candy, tattoos and more).
- GCS playground repairs and upgrades
- Outdoor classroom
You’re Already a Member!
GPO is a membership organization and every parent or guardian with a student enrolled at GCS is automatically a member.